What is NEET UG?
NEET UG Important Dates
31/Jan/2017 to 01/Mar/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Admit Card Date
22/Apr/2017 to 06/May/2017
07/May/2017  12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
NEET UG Application Details
- Download NEET 2017 information brochure and Fill the online application form of NEET 2017 and generate a registration number
- Candidates have to download the information brochure and read it thoroughly to ascertain the eligibility criteria. Besides, candidates can also check the number of seats reserved for different caste categories, entrance exam do’s and don’ts, validity of merit list and rank etc.
- Review filled in application details
- During this stage, candidates have to carefully check all the details as mentioned in the application form. In case of any incorrect spelling, number and any other information, candidates can edit the details by clicking on ‘Back’ button. If information provided is correct, candidates can click on ‘FINAL SUBMISSION’ button to switch to the next step of application form. Now, candidates have to enter the OTP already sent on their registered mobile number and email id.
Uploading of images, signature and right hand index finger impression
During this step, candidates have to login again using their registration number and password received during the online registration, i.e, Step 2. Candidates have to upload their images, signature and right hand index finger impression in the following digital format:
Image: It should be in JPEG format between 10 KB and 100 KB in size
Signature: It should be in JPEG format between 3KB and 20 KB in size
Right hand index finger impression: It should be in JPEG format between 3 KB and 20 KB in size
- NEET 2017 Application fee payment
The application fee can be in paid in both online and offline modes. Candidates can select any of the following payment fee method:
Online mode: Application fee amount can be paid via Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
Offline mode: Application fee amount can be paid via e-challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s bank account in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India and HDFC Bank generated at the time of online registration
- Generate NEET 2017 application form confirmation page
- After completing the above steps of NEET application form 2017, candidates have to generate a confirmation page by click on the ‘Confirmation’ link
NEET Application Fee 2017
Application Fee (without late fee)
General and OBC
According to the official NEET application brochure, following details are furnished about Aadhar Card:
- For national citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a mandatory information to be provided uring online application of NEET 2017 in all States except Jammu & Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRI applicants, Passport Number is a mandatory requirement for filling-up of the online application of NEET 2017.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online NEET 2017 application.
- At the time of filling NEET application form, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth and gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database.
- In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth and gender as per their school records. If there is any mismatch in these details, the candidates need to get it rectified, immediately, in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- A separate PUBLIC NOTICE is being published regarding requirement of AADHAAR, which needs to be read by candidates and follow the instructions given therein.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2017 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG), 2017
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category. This means that Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) must have born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Category must have born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001 to appear for NEET 2017.
- The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) is limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for candidates of all categories. According to the official notification, the candidates who have already appeared in AIPMT/NEET on three occasions are not allowed to take this examination. This means that the previous attempts in AIPMT/NEET will be counted against these 3 permissible attempts. The candidates who have already exhausted their allowed 3 attempts are not eligible to apply for NEET (UG), 2017.
The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination must be minimum 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
The candidates appearing for Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
NEET UG Exam Fee
Modes of Payment
NEET UG Exam Pattern
Exam Format: Objective
Number of Sections: Three
|NEET UG Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
NEET UG Counselling Details
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts centralized online counselling for NEET
- Click on the official link of NEET Counselling
- Register for counselling, Choice Filling and Locking
- Process of Seat Allotment Round - 1
- Publication of Result- Round 1
- Process of Seat Allotment Round 2
- Publication of Result- Round 2
More Insights About NEET UG Exam
Top Following States
Disclaimer : Based on followers data
Academic Performance of Exam Followers
Disclaimer : Based on followers data