About: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) as a qualifying exam for various MBBS/BDS courses at colleges across the country.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
353 Medical colleges and 297 Dental colleges across the country accept the NEET 2013 score as a short listing criterion for admissions to their MBBS/BDS courses under the 15% all India, State and NRI qoutas.
Exam Name: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate courses
Commonly known as: NEET UG 2013
Exam type: National
Exam Category: UG Exam
Conducting authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
NEET UG 2013 Eligibility criteria: The candidate should have passed or should be expecting to pass any one of the qualifying examinations equivalent to the 12th standard exam with 50% (General), 40% (SC/ST), 45% (Differently able) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
NEET UG 2013 selection process: Separate Counseling for 15% all India quota, State quota and NRI quota will be done on the basis of the merit/wait list generated on the basis of the result of NEET UG 2013.
NEET 2013 Exam pattern: The NEET UG 2013 exam is a 3 hour exam wherein the candidates have to answer a single paper consisting of 180 objective type questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Every question has an equal weightage of 4 marks for a right answer and a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
NEET UG 2013 application procedure: Candidates can only apply in online mode by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in.
The process for filling up the online form for NEET UG 2013 is as follows:
- Fill in the on-line application form Part-I and note down the registration number.
- Make payment of fee through Debit/Credit Card or download Challan for payment in the designated accounts of Canara Bank/Syndicate Bank/e-Post Office.
- Fill in the on-line Application Form Part-II furnishing the details of fee deposited.
- Take print out of Confirmation page(s) and send to CBSE along with copy of proof of fee deposited through Challan, if fee deposited through Challan mode.
NEET 2013 application fee: Rs. 1000 for candidates belonging to general/OBC categories and Rs. 550 for those belonging to SC/ST/PH categories. Applications can also be submitted after the deadline and before 05.02.2013 after payment of a late fee of Rs. 1000.
NEET 2013 important dates:
- Date of Examination, NEET (UG): 05.5.2013 (Sunday)
- Schedule for submission of application forms without late fee: 01.12.2012 to 31.12.2012
- Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE: 10.01.2013
- Schedule for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs.1000/-: 01.01.2013 to 31.01.2013
- Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs.1000: 05.02.2013
NEET UG 2013 result: End of 1st week of June, 2013
NEET UG 2013 participating institutes: 353 Medical colleges and 297 Dental colleges across the country.
Central Board Of Secondary Education
Shiksha Kendra, 2 - Community Centre,
Phone: 011-22041807, 22041808, 1800118002