NEET UG 2014
NEET UG 2014 : National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) as a qualifying exam for various MBBS/BDS courses at colleges across the country.
- Identify and improve on your weak areas
- Get a personalized improvement plan & track your progress
- Get a list of probable colleges based on current preparation level
353 Medical colleges and 297 Dental colleges across the country accept the NEET 2014 score as a short listing criterion for admissions to their MBBS/BDS courses under the 15% all India, State and NRI qoutas.
Exam Name: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate courses
Commonly known as: NEET UG 2014
Exam type: National
Exam Category: UG Exam
Conducting authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
NEET UG 2014 Eligibility Criteria: The candidate should have passed or should be expecting to pass any one of the qualifying examinations equivalent to the 12th standard exam with 50% (General), 40% (SC/ST), 45% (Differently able) aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology.
NEET UG 2014 Selection Process: Separate Counseling for 15% all India quota, State quota and NRI quota will be done on the basis of the merit/wait list generated on the basis of the result of NEET UG 2014.
NEET 2014 Exam pattern: The NEET UG 2014 exam is a 3 hour exam wherein the candidates have to answer a single paper consisting of 180 objective type questions from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Every question has an equal weight age of 4 marks for a right answer and a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
NEET UG 2014 application form: Candidates will be able to only apply in online mode by logging on to www.cbseneet.nic.in.
NEET 2014 application fee: Theapplication fee for NEET UG 2013 was Rs. 1000 for candidates belonging to general/OBC categories and Rs. 550 for those belonging to SC/ST/PH categories. Applications could also be submitted after the deadline and before 05.02.2013 after payment of a late fee of Rs. 1000. The application fee for NEET UG 2014 can be expected to be the same amount.
NEET 2014 important dates (Tentative):
- Date of Examination, NEET (UG): First week of May 2014
- Schedule for submission of application forms without late fee: First week of December 2013 to last week of December 2013
- Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE: First week of January 2014
- Schedule for submission of online application forms with late fee Rs.1000/-: First week of January 2014 to end of January 2014
- Date of receipt of confirmation page in CBSE for the applications submitted late with fee of Rs.1000: First week of February 2014
NEET UG 2014 result: End of 1st week of June, 2014
NEET UG 2014 participating institutes: 353 Medical colleges and 297 Dental colleges across the country.
Central Board Of Secondary Education
Shiksha Kendra, 2 - Community Centre,
Phone: 011-22041807, 22041808, 1800118002